Saturday, October 07, 2006

Week2: Handed Project Proposal

At last I signed the form and handed it to the general office a week before deadline.

Last week I found out that the British Museum have a collection of Islamic art work in Room34, main floor, I planned to pay a visit there and get some video and still picture to aid my research. However I found out that other museums as well have some collection, and the British museum is doing lunch lecture about Islamic art. Therefore I decided to post pone my visit till Friday 13.

Having read few chapters of simply brilliant, made realize that planning is the key for success, knowing what you want to achieve, deciding on the outcomes of your visit advance will give a clear picture weather your visit was successful or a waste of time.

I need the following:
A still camera, a camcorder, a note book, a pen and a pencil.
Find out which other museum have collections and how to get there, fees, etc
Find out if taking photos allowed or not
Get a friend to exchange ideas during the visit


Work started:
Today I started my research, I have seen quiet interesting websites, and still have the two books that I borrowed about Islamic Art before I decide on topic. I also selected few books from Amazon which talk about calligraphy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home