Friday, February 09, 2007

Week 21, Making

Friday 9th February 07

This morning I went to Amar to discuss with him my progress and sign my monthly progress report. He was very happy with my progress which increased my enthusiasm to work much harder to get the project hopefully done on time.

Yesterday, i bought another hosting space with a domain name under my name “umalkheir com” to put my final year project documentation.

“Minisilam” was the first name that I thought of when thinking of what to call the site, and as a result bigRedFeet sponsored the site and the price of the winner prizes. However, during the making stages, I just had and idea of calling the site “islamoArt”.

I asked friends opinion, what do they think of those two names
(MiniIslam) and (islamoArt)?

Most agreed on islamoArt, their opinion was that Islamoart is more artistic, elegant name. In my opinion miniislam, gave me the impression that I’m belittling Islam by saying mini, or if though saying that there is an Islam for young kids and another for older ones. Also the domain name was not written the way it was said “mini islam” as it was already taken by others, all these reasons made me changes the name of the site to “islamo art” and the domain name with .com was available.

Straight away I put some of the layout files to see how it will look and there is the site.

Screen shot of the testing site islamoart.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home