Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Week 13: 3rd week of project week

First video interview now is done.

Sunday 10th December

My trip to Bradford on Saturday was very long and tiring, however rewarding. On Friday I went early morning to Brunel University to borrow all stuff needed for conducting an interview. I borrowed camera, camcorder, boom mice, blue screen and a reflector. After I came home and finished everyday chore, I started doing some work on the project. Later I confirmed the trip with my brother who was going to drive me and a friend who was going to accompany us. I just realized a little while ago that its past 2 in the morning, and I had to wake up really early on Saturday, as the exhibition was starting at one.

In order to be there on time, I needed to at least 4 hours traveling. And also had to remember the following:
Take Equipments
Make sure that batteries are charged
Take DV tapes
A copy of the questionnaire
And be clear of what I want to ask.

We got lost, but eventually found the place before 1, which was good. Different Islamic artists work were on display, but only two of these artists were in the gallery at that time. I conducted a video interview with Mohammed Ali and then later with Mahmud Manning.

After the interview, Mohammed Ali gave a small talk on Islamic art and his way of becoming Islamic artist. The whole thing finished around 4.30. as we were new to the city of Bradford we didn’t know were to find halal restaurant, Mohammed Ali recommended one for us which was really excellent we all enjoyed the food the environment. After the food we head back home to London, we arrived after 11, but i dint reach home until 12.

I was happy the other day that I made some progress and I actually started on the content of the final artifact. on Sunday, I started preparing for the presentation, just making sure that I’m aware of what I want to do and how I will be doing it.

While capturing the video I came across Xillysoft software that convert video to 3GP format to be used on mobile phones.

This is a really helpful technique as I will be able to share the video that I will be putting on my site with wider audience, especially with the growing popularity of 3G phones. I did an experiment short clip which was good.

On Monday I curried on preparing for the presentation, while doing my work my hard drive fell on the floor and didn’t work. I felt a great feeling of panic and despair, but then remembering allah removed all these feelings. I went to Rob “university colleague” to have a look at it. He was not sure whether it can be repaired, but my trust in Allah was big and luckily while Rob was saying “no way it done this time, you lost everything”, I kept praying deep inside me, and allah made it work.

I went back home in the afternoon all filled with gratitude to Allah for his mercy and continued on my work.

Tuesday, today i went to University to return video equipment, and now i try to finish putting presentation together, wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home