Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Week 15, Christmas holiday (week 2)

Wednesday 27/12/06

Today I went to video record Samir Malik, an Islamic artist, with a great talent as well as personal sharp, really warm and welcoming brother, I felt the true Islamic brother hood in him. (may Allah reward him).

The interview went well, although I didn’t have University camera, but I I took my small digital camera, something that I realized that it has 16 bit sound quality, while the university one has 12 bit. Although the 16 bit sound quality is better than 12 bit, the 12 bit allows you to do recording on separate channels so that the original audio can be left on the tape while new audio (eg music and narration) can be added without erasing the original sound, which makes it more preferable in my case.

Anyway I did finish recording and I’m hoping to do editing at University first week back (inshaAllah).



Example of Samir Malik’s work
Source ( http://www.samirmalik.com )

He inspired me with some of his ideas on how to make kids interested into Islamic art, what sort of approach does he take when doing workshop for kids.

Story telling was one of the important element that he used, the history of these different calligraphic forms, how they relate to the history of development of the Islamic empire, how almost every culture formed their own unique form of Arabic writing, while all maintained to have the same meaning, the thing that unified all Muslims (the Arabic language that was used in the writing of the Quran, praying, and almost all forms of worship).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home