Sunday, November 26, 2006

Week 9 finished, interim presentation is approaching soon

From Monday no more lecture apart from database (Monday and Thursday), overwhelmed by the amount of work that is left.

I finished basic action script, moved to advance level but now I’m just finding it very complicating and difficult to understand. Just now I felt that I found an inspirational idea for the artifact. An Interactive software where user can create their own Islamic art piece. User will have the ability to select shapes, calligraphy (different phrases with meaning) then combining the two, he/she will create their own piece. Or can create their own abstract artifact using calligraphy.

While researching I came know that there is only one blog site where I could find a collection of contemporary artists link without any prior information of the artist. I came across another idea “what if I make a website, something unique that can be for both those who know about Islamic art and appreciate it and those who don’t know about it.”

This will serve many of my aims and objectives:
Wanted to explore this field of art
Wanted to use different multimedia artifact
Through this use
Enhance my knowledge in web designing
Gain knowledge and understanding of action script
Increase my knowledge in video production and manipulating
Wanted to promote it to those who appreciate it and those who don’t know anything about it or think it is a past

I’m will be extremely happy if I can accomplish the above within the time constrain, sometimes I panic and other times I feel overwhelmed.

I draw guide line of what I want and how am I going to do it:
1. In order to increase my knowledge in web development, I sought some css tutorial
2. keep practicing action script until satisfying level
3. have a clear understanding of how the web works, the guidelines, etc
4. decide what I want to go on the site (interview o contemporary artists, their work and link to their personal site)
5. history and development of Islamic art
6. arrange interview with those artists (I already sent email letter to 6 of them and waiting for their respond)
7. edit and add some affect using after affect to the interview to make it stimulating to watch

At the moment presentation time table is not put on yet, but I just hope I can be ready before time, I don’t want to fail this presentation, I hope from all my heart to succeed it “inshaAllah”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home