Thursday, November 30, 2006

Week10 working on the artifact

Before I used to write weekly, but now I will try to write daily or minimum of twice a week.

Tuesday 28 November:

Two weeks ago I sent email to two of the most prominent Islamic artists who I found that they live in the city of London, for them to allow me to have a video interview in their work studio to use it in my final artifact. I didn’t receive a reply for a week, I was quite disappointed, but then after speaking to friends, they convinced me that they are many others whose work is really excellent.

On Sunday I sent email to six other Islamic artists, and to my surprise they were very kind and ready to cooperate. They granted me a phone interview, but what I wanted I a video interview and not a voice only so I can edit it and add some effect to practice and enhance my video editing skill.

Following is the letter and their response:

Main email:



Copies of the email and their respond
1. Ali Omar Ermes on the 19/11/06 and a second one on the 25th



2. Fe-Noon Ahmed Moustafa 0n 25 November 2006 on his email "fenoon@fenoon.com"



non of the above two artists respond to my email, for a week, then i sent Ali Omar Ermes another email on the 26/11, simultaneously i sent emails to four more artists.

I was not feeling well on monday, i mean emotionally, but then when i found two email respond, i was in high spirits, and looking forward to the interview.













Wednesday 29 November 2006

By re-reading the emails, I realized that they didn’t understand that I want video interview and not voice only. Mohammed Ali, Eric Brough and Abdallateef Whiteman, kindly gave me their phone number and asked me to contact them.

Abdallateef Whiteman is moving home in Spain, so no chance at all to conduct video interview with him, so it will be either text or voice but after my second email . Eric is in Kabul and wont be back before 7th of December. I have a big hope being able to interview Mohamed Ali, as he is located in Birminham and sounded cooperative, however I have to call him to explain what I want and how I want it.

Thursday 30 November 2006

I realized that two months has already gone, also 3 days of the project 3 weeks is passed, and yet not happy with my progress, I have to work day and nigh to achieve what I want (inshaAllah).

What to do next:

I started writing my list of what to do starting from today and upward till interim presentation

• Try to finish research before end of next week
• Have a clear idea of what is the final artifact is going to be
• Prepare interview questionnaire and be clear of what I want to know and do
• Call the following artists and ask them if they would grant me a video interview
Mohammed Ali
Eric Broug (after 7 December)
• Send interview questionnaire to Abdallateef Whiteman as soon as possible.
• Visit Ahmed Moustafa in his studio Finoon as he didn’t reply to all my emails.
• Edit all video interview to show in the presentation (inshAllah)
• Prepare the presentation very well (inshAllah)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home